Frequently Asked Questions
Porcelain paving is durable, easy to clean and resistant to UV. Porcelain keeps it’s ‘Like new’ look for many years down the line and only requires basic cleaning and maintenance. It’s a smart, contemporary and modern material that’s built to last and doesn’t fade over time.
Contrary to popular opinion, porcelain is not slippery (Ruane Paving only install R11 slip resistant porcelain) unlike other materials that are porous. Porcelain has a .05 absorption meaning that moss and the green deposits that make surfaces slippery cannot grow on porcelain. The porcelain Ruane Paving installs is NOT slippery.
With a huge range of sizes, textures and colours available and with Ruane Paving to help guide you with knowledgeable advice from conception to completion and beyond, you have all the inspiration needed
- It sounds fragile but don’t let the name fool you. 20mm outside porcelain is a hardy and beautiful man made material that is here to stay. This new material has exceptional strength, durabity and consistency.
- Porcelain paving can handle everything the british weather can throw at it and looks classy, modern and beautiful.
- Fired to 1300° centigrade, the inherent strength of porcelain paving is matched by a finely textured, R11 anti slip finish, resisting staining, weather conditions and colour fading. So much so that is virtually maintenance free!!
Natural stone was once seen as a traditional option, but modern imports have vastly expanded the range of choice beyond the familiar sandstones.
Granite, porphyry, slate, marble, limestone, travertine and more, supplement the usual choices of yorkstone and pennant stone and are all available in a huge range of colours and textures.
The potential for natural stone flags as a material for todays paving and patios is huge.
Here at Ruane Paving we have a time served, knowledgeable and experienced team of installers using state of the art cutting and installation tools and machinery. We are even able to bullnose steps, copings and edgings on site.
Ruane Paving has been installing outside porcelain paving for over 10 years. We have mainly been installing porcelain paving in London, Surrey and the South East of England but we are now coming home to North Wales to carry on our exceptional work here.
We specialise in the installations of outside porcelain and natural stone paving.
We have installed hundreds, if not thousands of patios using every material available, giving us huge experience and knowledge we can share with you. There is nothing we cannot help you with when making your choices.
Other Reasons to Choose Ruane Paving
- We pass on all our trade discounts 100% to you the customer.
- We have a huge gallery of past installations to give you ideas.
- We have many genuine and verifiable reviews (all our google reviews are 5 star) that you can check on.
- We are fully insured.
Outdoor space has become very popular during the pandemic and people have realised how important their gardens and outdoor space are. Ruane Paving has started to go further than just paving a patio outside, we are now offering more comprehensive outdoor dining areas which include lighting, pergolas, grilling, raised planter beds, rattan furniture, dining tables and sets, fire pits, patio heaters, outside bars, shade structures and screening for privacy.
Having an outside kitchen is great for the warmer months and we can help with advise and the installation of such areas. Please get in touch to discuss your ideas.
So whether it’s about entertaining friends and family or just for mental and physical wellbeing Ruane Paving can help you build your outside space to whatever scale you want. Feel free to look through our gallery of photos and videos and of course our independent customer reviews. Our experience and knowledge makes us North Wales’ leading porcelain paving installers.